Monday, January 2, 2012

New York

NY
This was my first time to NY. Ben goes every year for work but, this was my first time going with him. My mom and mother-in-law stayed home with the girls. We missed them like crazy, but it was so much fun to get away just the two of us.

This was us at Time Square. I just could not believe how crazy it was here. It was amazing how many people where there and how much was going on. We went to Jr.'s to get Cheesecake. I don't really love cheesecake but it really was so yummy. We just hung out and walked around and did a little shopping. We got a lot of stuff at American Girl for Bently for Christmas.
We totally fell in love with Maces while we where there. The one there is incredible. It has everything you could ever think of. I wish so bad the one here in Utah was better.
More shopping!


We went to Rockefeller Center. It was so much fun. It's crazy how many times I have seen this place on movies or TV. It was awesome to see it in real life. The tree is the most amazing thing. It is so huge. It wasn't decorated yet but they had just put it up. I'm so glad we got to see it up.

Chelsea Market is so much fun. It has every kind of food you can imagine. We had some really yummy treats and lunch here.



So cute and yummy!!

The subways where totally crazy. I can't believe how many their are and how crazy it is. Ben and I played a game every time we where waiting for a subway. We would look down the tunnel and try to find a rat. We found 12 the whole time we where there!

We went to China Town and got 15 min foot and back massages in this sketchy underground Chinese parlor. It felt so good. Our feet were so sore and tired from walking so much. It really was like a 30 min slice of heaven.
This was us in Little Italy. We went to a really yummy Italian restaurant. Ben was in heaven. I can't even believe how nice it was to go places, especially to eat with no kids. It was so nice to only have to worry about feeding myself. I missed them but it was a much needed break.



We went and saw ground zero. They had almost finished building the Freedom Tower. It was neat to be there and just think about what a crazy day that must have been and how one day changed everyone's lives one way or another.
I loved Central Park. This was probably my favorite place we went. I just loved how big it was and how many people where there. We went to a restaurant that is right no the lake in the middle of the park called The Boat House. It was such a fun place. You could just eat your food and look out over the lake and watch all the people in the row boats. I just loved it. It was really relaxing.
Walking around all over. We also saw the Temple. It was really pretty. It was crazy that it was just right in the middle of all these big buildings.

Funnest toy store ever. I felt a little guilty in there with out Bently. We will have to take her one day!



Ok frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity is probably the most amazing thing ever!

Dylan's Candy Shop so cute!
That tiny little thing behind me is the statue of liberty. Once I saw it I decided that was good enough for me. We didn't ride out to it, but at least I saw it!
Koronets.......best pizza ever! And no, I didn't finish it.

We seriously had so much fun. It really has been such a big dream of ours to go to NY together. It is crazy to think that we actually went. We really had so so so much fun. It really was like we were dating again. We had so much fun. I love Ben so much. He really is my best friend.

No comments: