Sunday, May 27, 2012

Conference, Easter, Cirty Creek, and Camping



To help Bently pay attention to Conference I made this little jar and got a bag full of pennies. We gave her 5 words to listen for and every time she heard them she got to put a penny in. She could trade them in throughout all the talks and get little treats or save them all and get a big surprise at the end. She chose to get the big one at the end. I also printed off a bunch of Conference games and pictures to color. It turned out really fun. I feel like I actually got to listen a tiny bit! I always look forward to Conference weekend so much. I love the spirit Conference brings to our home. It was a great weekend.

I decided that this is our new Conference breakfast. It was so gooey and yummy!!!!

Jordan's Birthday at City Creek
Birthday Girl!!



We went down to city creek for the first time! It also happened to be Jordan's Birthday! She had no idea but it was a fun day. We went to Cheesecake Factory and then to all the fun shops, which included the Disney store where I could have spent $10000 on Bently. We wanted everything! We got some ice cream and called it a day. I love spending time with my mom and brothers. We always have such a great time!

Ben brought Jordan a flower home for her birthday. It was so sweet of him.
 Ward Easter Egg Hunt


 Our ward had a cute little Easter egg hunt and breakfast. Bently loved finding all the eggs with all the other kids. It was actually a really cold morning, so Jordan just relaxed bundled up in her stroller.
Easter 
 Easter this year was with my family, so we went over the night before to dye eggs and sleepover.


We dyed eggs this year in a really fun way that I found on Pintrest. You get shaving cream and spray a bunch in foil pans. You add a bunch of different drops of food coloring and swirl it around with a pen tip. You drop the eggs in, let them dry, wipe them off, and then they are tie dyed with all the different colors. It was not messy and was so easy to clean up. We loved it and will for sure be doing it again!

We set out carrots for the Easter Bunny to snack on while he hides all the baskets and eggs. Then we all went to sleep.

Bently's Easter basket!

The Easter Bunny gave her these!


Jordan's Basket!

They are so cute. Easter used to be one of my least favorite holidays but having kids has totally changed that. I love Easter now. Kids make everything so much better!
Just ate a yummy breakfast!

Easter dresses!






We went to Church with my family. It was so nice. My dad played a piano piece and they both sang in the choir. I was glad we got to be there.
 Another trip to City Creek



Ben had not been yet so we took a little family trip down and had dinner and looked around. We let Bently pick out something at Clair's. It only took 45 minutes all fter trying on every purse, necklace, trying to convince her dad to let her get her ears pierced and begging me for make up. She finally got some nail polish and chapstick. It's so funny what a girly girl she is. It was so cute to watch her.


We love to go have dinner up in the canyon and just relax by the fire.  Bently did not like how messy smores are!
 





No comments: