Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blessed

A few weeks ago I was having a really hard day with Bently. She had been really sick and just so grouchy. That morning we got up, and ran around all morning to get ready for church. We finally got there and I was feeling like a crazy FRAZZLED mom. BENTLY cried all through sacrament, so I spent the whole time in the halls. I gave her to Ben to hold her while I went to make her bottle hoping that I could put it in her little mouth, and she would go to sleep. I got in the bathroom and I must have taken a deep loud breath, beacause the lady standing next to me looked over. Watching me make her bottle she said,"Baby stuff?" I looked at her, laughed a little, and said, "ALWAYS." She looked back at me, smiled so softly, and said, "you're blessed." Her sweet comment made me step back and realize, yeah I really am. She made me think how blessed I really am to have a baby. I found out later that this lady can't have childern. It made me so sad to think how selfish I was being with my pitty party for myself. I can't even imagin not having my little girl. I would take having the hardest day every day as long as I had her. She has made my life so amazing and so BLESSED.

8 comments:

Binghams said...

Ash, Thanks for the post, I needed to hear that story, Gracy is Cutting teeth and has been a monster :( I am glad I have friends going through the same things. I love ya.

Shay said...

That certainly puts things in perspective. When you get back from your trip we'll have you over for dinner and get all the details!

Taylor and Natalie Hathcock said...

Ok so I am an official blog stalker. So I don't know if you remember me, but we used to be in the same ward when you lived over by janessa. Anyways I thought it was cool I found your blog. So that is awesome that you are married with a baby! Well I am glad you are doing well.

Liz said...

I love this post! I know I've been in that same position, and I am always grateful for people who help put things in perspective. That is what your story did for me! Thanks for sharing.

Ashley said...

(deep breath) ah, perspective... amazing how quickly it changes our thoughts and feelings.

Nessa said...

its crazy how one little sentence can make you really realize all you have. She is such a sweetie.. and im sure you are an amazing mother!

Lindsay Kehl said...

Hey Ash, its Lindsay Kehl. I love to check your cute blog and see how you guys are doing. Bently is such a doll! Hope things are going good for you guys.

gina said...

I'm glad you posted about this. I felt that way when I had Kaden, but after Mckay made his entrance I forgot just how lucky and blessed we are. I don't know if we're blessed that out of all of his "accidents" that he is still alive, or that I haven't had myself committed yet? Just hang in there.