Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's Finally Done!

I have been working on this quilt for Bently for the past few months. I have been loving every minute of it. Ben's grandma is amazingly talented and was so great and willing to help me with it. I picked out this pattern and all the fabrics and then Grandma helped me with the rest. She taught me how to applique. It was so fun to learn how. It was so fun to get to know her better and work on something we both enjoy so much. Thanks so much Grandma Jacobs. It turned out better then I could have ever imagined. I don't know if you can tell but there are cupcakes quilted into each block. I loved working on this and can't wait to start a new one!

16 comments:

Ashley said...

where did you get it machined? It is so awesome? Was the pattern hard? I love to quilt.

Ashli Paynter said...

My mother in law's friend quilted it. She is amazing she lives in Colorado though. The pattern was not really hard just really time consuming and tedious.Its called Candy Girl.So fun!

Nessa said...

Thats so cute ash!!

The Hansens said...

So cute! Look at how talented you are:)

Melissa said...

Ash I love it! What a cute domestic mommy you are. Hope you guys are doing well!

Kelly Evanson said...

this is darling. what a fun memory and bently will have it forever. go you!! you did an awesome job. how fun to spend xmas with the whole family in colorado. i am sure it is a blast having kids so close in age too!!

Scott and Heather said...

Ash.. It turned out so cute! I want to see it in person! I love it!

Tim and Brittney said...

Ash that is so cute! Where do I send my order too?!?! ha jk! kinda..;-)

Courtney said...

OMG!! That quilt turned out so freakin cute! You are amazing. I don't know if I would have the patience to do that. I love the materials too!

Binghams said...

That is amazing, I cant even sew a button back on straight. that is seriously a talent you have there. I am a little obsessed with that quilt. maybe I better get a picture by it next time I come over .... lol. or you could just give me some pointers. I think when heavenly father made me he forgot to give me the "sewing talent"

brooke said...

you are AMAZING! I have the cutest quilt for you to start on next.

Diane said...

You are awesome, and so is your quilt.

Jord&Kira Lynch said...

Wow Ash it is beautiful! Hey I have a question where did you get her name made for her birthday decorations?

Jen & George Scott said...

Ash - this turned out so darling. You worked so hard!!! Great job!!!

Joanie said...

Ashli, that is a fantastic quilt. I used to quilt once upon a time when I had less children and no other responsibilities. I hope to take out my machine again once we move. I haven't made a quilt in YEARS...I may need some advice :) Be proud...it's a great accomplishment.

Christina and Jared Strain said...

Ashli! That is beautiful! I miss you! Hope you are doing well.